Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Streaming Problems

• Please log in to reply

roobyroob

roobyroob

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong place first of all.

I've always streamed online whether its BBC iplayer or tvcatchup and so on and usually the quality is fine, no complaints, but within the last week or so, the stream has become jumpy and slow on any websites which have previously worked fine for me and I'm just wondering if theres anything I can do to fix this.

Thanks a lot

Rachael

Advertisements

gr8joel

gr8joel

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
Are you on a wired or wireless connection.

Wired connection
If you were on a wired connection the whole time, and now notice streaming speed problems, I suggest you clear your internet cache and delete temp files. The best way to do this is to use TFC which can be found here http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html Just scroll down and follow the instructions.
Then write back and see if this helps any.

Wireless connections
It is to my understanding that If you are using a wireless router, speeds can change dramatically due to interference with walls, metallic objects, tvs and the like. If you were previously on a wired connection and then switched to a wireless connection, then this may be the cause of the slow streaming speeds.

other than that, this is the best advice I have to offer.

gr8joel