Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 2003 Server installation

• Please log in to reply

sbaens

sbaens

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello,

I have a problem when I try to install windows 2003 small business server.
I bought a new PC for this, installed all hardware and it boots normally.
I inserted 2 harddrives (SATA) in raid (Mirror) configuration and tried to install Windows.

Then I created a boot disk with the raid configuration driver for windows, when installing windows I press F6 to install it but the system does not find the drives.

I have a Asus P5GD1 motherboard

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
First, you used the motherboard raid utility to create the RAID, right?

Next, how did you put the drivers on the boot disk ? Did you use a utility to make it (a few come with this), or just drive the files over? Did you create a folder heirarchy or put all the drivers in boot's root?

sbaens

sbaens

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I did use the RAID utility from the motherboard indeed, this was quite easy to set up.
Then it initialised the drives and I rebooted the system.

I used another computer to create the disk, but with the CD from asus, there was a makedisk program on it and I used this, the manual showed it to be in the autorun from the cd but it did not show there. That is why I am thinking the disk may not be created correctly. Do I need to do this on the PC to use in on? If so I will need to install Windows first (and then the circle is complete)