Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus that wouldn't let KIS 2009 start

• Please log in to reply

Abhay Binoy

Abhay Binoy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
My computer runs with Kaspersky Internet Security 2009...Recently it wouldn't start exept formaking an entry in the task manager(avp.exe)and my CPU is running at a 100% with 99% working to start avp.exe...a guy advised me tore-install KIS..but
i couldn't even uninstall kaspersky.... it says....'failed to stop services...make sure that you have sufficient privileges'...even if i was looged in as an administrator......So i tried creating a new account(administrator) and uninstalling..but...Data Execution Prevention program blocked Windows Explorer..saying it could be a virus or a malicious program..........i remember that my sister surfed the web without kaspersky running....which was stopped to play a game offering it better memory space by stopping kaspersky....what do i do???....I think it's this virus which cause all the problem....It's mkes programs like Ccleaner, nero9 and firefox 3 startup slow.....

Advertisements