Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Executables with c program

• Please log in to reply

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
How do I convert my C programs to executables? When I save them as exe files and I run the file it shows an error.. I have attached the error as a jpg

Attached Files

• Attached File  ynt.bmp   27.33KB   309 downloads

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
You cannot just save your C programs to .exe.. You need to run them through a C compiler to turn them into an executable file.

Your profile says you are running Windows XP... A good compiler to use would be Dev-C++ 4.9.9.2. This also supports C++ when you move onto that. This is nice little tutorial on how to use Dev-C++.

Hope this helps -
Jason

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
I have Boreland C++ compiler and I saved it from its "save as" option... And selected the executable option from the drop down list of extensions..

I'll try the DevC++

Thanks a lot for your help :)

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
You can also download Microsoft's Visual C++ from their website for free if you want. It provides a pretty good development atmosphere.

Mohit Daksh

Mohit Daksh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Okay I'll do that.. Thank you very much mpascal :)