Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Firefox disconnects?

• Please log in to reply

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I don't know if it's possible for a browser to disconnect but for the past 2 days while i'm on the internet I will be able to go to websites on mozilla for about 2 minutes then it will disconnect for 2 minutes go back online for 2 minutes etc...I was very sure it wasn't my internet provider or my router because i have 3 siblings and i'm the only one with the problem. I did research on this and they said to clear the cache in mozilla, reinstall mozilla....yet i still have the problem. Like I said it started about a couple days ago and i'm not sure what i did wrong to cause this? Plz help.

Advertisements

mandyjane

mandyjane

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi t3chnon3 try reading this thread and download the bug report - I installed mozilla on my laptop and had the same difficulties - following and acting on this thread solved my problems - good luck forums.techguy.org/web-email/697427-solved-firefox-disconnect.html
Mandy
HP

Edited by mandyjane, 11 June 2009 - 12:17 PM.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Have you had this problem on Internet Explorer?

If it is on Firefox only, then reinstall the browser. If you need help, please ask on this topic.

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 11 June 2009 - 01:23 PM.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
mandy i'm not sure what ninja did i'm not very good with computers...and dragon internet explorer has the same problem.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70
percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you
are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a
hijackthis log in THAT forum.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
well i did what you said and i think my computer seems slower....plus it didn't fix the problem. I HATE COMPUTERS!!!!!!! Can anyone give me another possible solution to this problem? thnx.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I would recommend to get the necessary logs ready and have your computer checked out for malware.
http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html -- Steps 5-6

---

Did you end up getting a new router, as you posted a question in this thread about "what's a good router?"
The new router may be giving you trouble, because it may not be configured correctly.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Define "disconnects", please.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Define "disconnects", please.

when i'm using the internet with mozilla firefox i will randomly have no internet for a couple minutes...then all of a sudden it comes back...then off again. That's what i mean by the disconnects. But in a sense i'm not really disconnected because when i'm playing games or watching a streamed movie the feed is continous theres no lag nothing. It's when i'm surfing the internet...when a page is loading it will not load completely..then again 2 minutes later it loads! I really don't want to reformat my computer to solve this haha :)

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
another example...when i was typing that message it took about 1-2mins to post.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
1. Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same problem?

2. Please, post some computer info:
- processor type, amount of RAM (hold Windows logo key, hit Pause/Break key)
- hard drive size/free space (open "My Computer", right click on hard drive letter, click "Properties")
- security programs in use (antivirus, firewall)

3. Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Click Options, then Hide Microsoft Entries.
Click File, then Refresh.
Go File>Export As, and save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
Attach AutoRuns.txt file to your next reply.

t3chnon3

t3chnon3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
alright i solved the problem by reformatting my comp it was frustrating me LOL. Thnx anyways for the help guys, appreciate it.