Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sorry, You Have No Video Capture Hardware?

• Please log in to reply

sarahs

sarahs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi

No there are no other ? in device manager, just on the usb20 camera.
Yes i have tried different ports and its just the same, thats one of the first things i did.
I have other usb devices plugged in (mobile phone lead, printer etc) and a usb extension and all are working fine

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You must read all the posts because we have resolved the SMbus issue in post 23.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
This might be the time to reinstall the camera drivers and/or the software since we have cleared up the chipset driver issue.
Usually the camera software/drivers get installed first and then you attach the camera.
Read the specific instructions to see what they want first.

EDIT: I mean webcam

Edited by 123Runner, 12 June 2009 - 11:03 AM.

sarahs

sarahs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
i went into device manager and went on scan for hardware changes on the bus controller and it detects the camera and a baloon pops up on the right , then it says cannot find the necesary software still. Also have re-booted sinse installing bus drivers and reinstalled the camera according to the instructions and just the same

Edited by sarahs, 12 June 2009 - 11:05 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
On every USB device I have ever installed you have to install drivers first. Then normally the system will then have to be restarted for drivers to take affect.
Then and only then would you plug in the device.
Another option is to try and install the drivers on another system and then plug the camera in. If this works then the issue is not the camera.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What is the make and model of the camera? There is a slight possibility that the install software is not working correctly.

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 June 2009 - 11:07 AM.

sarahs

sarahs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
This is what ive been doing. The drivers and cam have been installed and tested on another computer and all works fine and ive also tried another camera on this once and still the same problem.

http://www.webcams4u...uk/drivers.html this is the camera drivers from the website and its the Drivers For XP Vista 8.0 webcam

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK this is perplexing for sure. The only other thing I can think of trying is going into the BIOS\CMOS and making sure the USB 2.0 has not been disabled.

To do this follow these steps.

Reboot the system and at the first post screen (where it is counting up memory) start tapping the DEL button
This will enter you into the Bios\Cmos area.
Find the Advanced or Onboard area and click Enter
Look for USB 2.0 and highlight that click Enter
Now follow the directions on the bottom of the screen on how to modify it and change it to Enabled if not already set that way.
Once that is done then click F10 to Save and Exit
You will prompted to enter Y to verify Save and Exit. Click Y and the system will now reboot with the new settings.

l0stb0y760

l0stb0y760

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'm starting to think there is a compatibility issue somewhere. Has this camera ever worked before on this system? If not the Cam may not work with your mobo/hardware or perhaps there is a software conflict. Any local Anti-virus or personal FW blocking/conflicting with the cam? Try disabling them and then do a fresh install.

~l0st

l0stb0y760

l0stb0y760

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Also, you said the cam works fine on the other computer. Is this computer the same or any outstanding software running on the comp that doesnt work as opposed to the one that does work with the camera. Try looking for some inconsistencies.

~l0st

Advertisements

sarahs

sarahs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi, I seem to have solved it somehow. I uninstalled it and plugged my old camera in and it downloaded video drivers and audio drivers and lots of other things im not sure what they was and this camera then worked, i rebooted and plugged the new camera in and it seems to be working now, maybe my video drivers was missing or something? or maybe the drivers for my new webcam was wrong as someone said before. well this solved it anyway , at last :) Thank you all for your help with everything, hopefully everything should be fine now :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

If you are happy with the service We provided, please consider making a donation to GeeksToGo to support the Free Technical Support offered. Go HERE to make a donation.

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 June 2009 - 11:57 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good job Runner123 :) :)
Thanks for the assistance and I'm glad you were here.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Water over the dam now, and its resolved. Evidently it looks to be something with the video. I am surprised that the new webcam didn't want new drivers. Go figure, its another mystery from microsoft.

Thanks for all the help from those involved.

Came back and visit us again sarahs.