Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help Repairing Outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

TracyA

TracyA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone, I am really hoping that somebody here can help me. I use Outlook 2003 for business and personal use. Today it stopped working on me. A message popped up stating "Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have tried restarting, rebooting, opening Outlook in safe mode, repairing from Add/Remove Programs....nothing is working. Every time I open the program, the same message pops up.

I fear that the issue might be that I need to delete some sent items....maybe I am over my file size limitation....but I can't even get into the program to delete anything!

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit? and welcome to G2G,

Outlook2003 has a 20GB size limit, (previous versions were only 2Gb), so I doubt its your PST getting too large. Do you have the installation CD? Have you tried to perform the built in repair under the help menu? The other consideration is when last did you perform a defrag and error check on your hard drive? Actually that should be your 1st repair task as PST's get very fragmented because of their nature..

hope this helps..