Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CTF loader issue

• Please log in to reply

MRM4

MRM4

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Earlier this week, my home PC started getting the CTF loader error. Seems like I have seen this problem before, but cannot remember what causes it or fixes it. I am on Windows XP, Office 2000, and have had no problems until a few days ago. I found plenty of info online about changes or removing Office, but most deal with Office XP. It's also recommended to make a change in the regional language settings. When I try to change that, I get an error saying an error ocurred pertaining to shell32.dll and control_rundll input.dll which does not allow me to make that change. So, I'm at a loss on what to do. This is annoying. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Ectech

Ectech

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Do you use any other languages besides english?

If not then disable ctfmon by performing the following...

1) click start >> control panel >> regional and language settings
2) Languages tab >> details >> advanced >> check "turn off advanced text services"

Furthermore, unregister its files...

1) Click Start >> Run >> type: Regsvr32.exe /u msimtf.dll >> Click OK.

repeat for Msctf.dll

EX: Regsvr32.exe /u msctf.dll

2) Reboot

Source: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;282599

Edited by Ectech, 11 June 2009 - 03:50 PM.