Hope you are doing good.
Here is my issue. I am using win XP with regularly updated antivirus suite from Symantec.
I surf moderate quantities and qualities of websites. This week my system refuse to startup and shows message of some severe error either in hard disk or some virus problem and ask me to restart my system.
I tried to restart my machine in normal mode, safe mode , safe mode with command prompt but nothing worked out.
So then I set my CMOS settings to default and try again and it start up. I want to highlight I did not change CMOS settings and
1. Here is my concern if some changes happened who did it ?
2. My computer is going significantly slow, is it virus?
3. I am facing major issues with display, processing of display is either very slow(when I switch from one program to another like from IE to some other program)
4. Sometimes my desktop items will disappear and automatically come back after some time or after restart.
5. is there any chance of cookie tracking on my system ?
I read your start guide and did all the steps as mentioned on the guide. I am posting latest logs from the different tools for your reference(I did not find any attachment option so I posted results of the logs in open message, please suggest for the next time).
Please go through and suggest what can be the issue and remediation.
I wish you a wonderful and productive day ahead.