Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue with Booting and Display of Desktop

• Please log in to reply

jaswantpurba

jaswantpurba

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi Geek(s)

Hope you are doing good.

Here is my issue. I am using win XP with regularly updated antivirus suite from Symantec.

I surf moderate quantities and qualities of websites. This week my system refuse to startup and shows message of some severe error either in hard disk or some virus problem and ask me to restart my system.

I tried to restart my machine in normal mode, safe mode , safe mode with command prompt but nothing worked out.

So then I set my CMOS settings to default and try again and it start up. I want to highlight I did not change CMOS settings and
1. Here is my concern if some changes happened who did it ?
2. My computer is going significantly slow, is it virus?
3. I am facing major issues with display, processing of display is either very slow(when I switch from one program to another like from IE to some other program)
4. Sometimes my desktop items will disappear and automatically come back after some time or after restart.
5. is there any chance of cookie tracking on my system ?

I read your start guide and did all the steps as mentioned on the guide. I am posting latest logs from the different tools for your reference(I did not find any attachment option so I posted results of the logs in open message, please suggest for the next time).

Please go through and suggest what can be the issue and remediation.

I wish you a wonderful and productive day ahead.

Best Regards

Jaswant

Attached Files

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
If malware is suspected, post the logs in the Malware Forum.

This week my system refuse to startup and shows message of some severe error either in hard disk or some virus problem and ask me to restart my system.

What is the error code of the BSOD that you sometimes see?
What is the severe error exactly?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You have a Malware topic going also with the same information. Please finish with that before opening a new topic. Your malware topic is located HERE
You may want to update the logs you included in that topic since they look to be older then these here. Also since you have been waiting for more then three days please post in the Waiting Room with a link to your malware topic and someone will be able to get to you faster. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

jaswantpurba

jaswantpurba

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi

Since then problem did not arise again. I did not note the error code @ that time .

But I am afraid what if issue arise again.

regards
Jaswant

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Finish up in the Malware Forum, or post in the Waiting Room to have someone help you. Once a tech has declared you free of malware, come back here if you still have problems.