Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BDS/Backdoor.Gen in betamax's voip programs

• Please log in to reply

roundtangent

roundtangent

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

i am getting warning about BDS/Backdoor.Gen virus in voipraider, activevoip, freecall from Avira.

i ran
spybot search and destroy,
lavasoft Ad aware,
MalwareBytes's AntiMalware and HijackThis.

everything is fine according to these programs but Avira giving me warning.
and i use these applications always.
another thing i have noticed recently that now when i start my system i see around 40-60 inbound connection.
i am using comodo firewall and when i check the connection it is from svchost.exe and it is listening on port 2869. strange thing is that when i terminate connection and start my pc again these connection got initiated but now start port is different from previous one. suppose in first attempt i terminated the connection at port 2000 then next time connection will start from port 2000+.

usually data transferred is 74 bytes for each port but some time it is 1.1 KB when connection is initiated and subsequently drop to 74Bytes.

is my system really infected with some kind of malware or virus.
i am attaching two screenshots of comodo firewall
please help
Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• ScreenShot0871024.jpg
  • ScreenShot0881024.jpg

Advertisements

roundtangent

roundtangent

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sorry to bump but it has been 3 days since i posted the issue and not got a single response about and now it was buried in 7th page.

i had scanned the system as suggested in other topics and did not came up anything suspicious. today when i woke up i saw that Avira had found 6 viruses. all in betamax's voip programs.

i was using these application for last 3 years and never had a single issue.

is it false positive?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks