Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Restarts for no reason

• Please log in to reply

KennyMcCormick18

KennyMcCormick18

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Im using a Dell Dimemsion E310 it will restart at different time with no warning I have messed around and got two Stop: codes one STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x826D1DA0, 0x826D1F14, 0x805D297C) and the other STOP: 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) I ran CHKDSK in safe mode command prompt and got F parimater not specified running in read only mode then it gets to stage 2 and says errors found can't run in read only mode then it stops. Restarted and got 3 beeps a pause then 3 more beeps did that 3 times then the beeps stopped, turned off the power then turned it back on now I get nothing what is going on can anyone help.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
chkdsk /r

Try that instead.

Kelly Wright

Kelly Wright

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Try booting XP in Safe Mode (when powering ON/restarting, hold F8 key until the menu appears, then select Safe Mode with command prompt).
Type in chkdsk C: /r /f

Edited by Kelly Wright, 13 June 2009 - 08:16 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
On the dell there are trouble shooting lights also. There are 4 on that unit. The sequence of what is on/off will also give us an idea of what is going on.

Look at the trouble shooting guide found HERE

This could possibly be bad or loose memory modules. Reseat the ram modules. Also reseat all of the power and data cables in the computer.