Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Horizontal lines on screen

• Please log in to reply

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
My comp runs but after some time the pc hangs even the ctrl alt del function does not work and i have to restart.

This thing happens randomly. there is no fixed timing sometimes in minutes as i start my pc or some times it doesn't even happen. some times as i double for a program to start the problem occurs. the program which i try to start is also different everytime.

please help. i think that it may be a hardware problem .

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:55:15 PM, on 7/16/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ELITECORE\CYBEROAM CLIENT FOR 24ONLINE\CYBEROAMCLIENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA7\OPERA.EXE
D:\VIMP SOFTWARES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Handy Backup 3.9] C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOVOSOFT\HANDY BACKUP\hbagent.exe -logon
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It does sound like a hardware problem. From the horizontal lines my best guess would be a bad video card.

P.S. Your log was clean. <_<

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Now though the problem continues to exist there is little change in its behaviour now at any time the computer hangs the same way as i said before but without any horizontal lines.

And also one new problem has started. My puter restarts anytime randomly . There is no specific event or timing when it restarts.

If its hardware problem then could u suggest me how can i find out the actual hardware causing this problem.