Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

prob

• Please log in to reply

nictrigg

nictrigg

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
each time i scan with this file it says that i have around 64 infected files, but then it fails to remove them. it says that it will remove them next time i rebbot but this also fails.

What is going on?

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
What file are you using to scan? I'd advise that you visit the Geeks To Go! forum relating to the removal of malware, which can be accessed here -- if that does not help, post your problem in this forum.

nictrigg

nictrigg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
i'm using 'spyware doctor'.

i've tried using ad-aware but for some reason the program won't start! It says that there is an error with ad-aware.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Have you tried a fresh install (in safe mode) of Ad-aware? You should just follow the steps provided on this page.
EDIT: You should always try to scan your computer whilst in Safe Mode.

Being helped in malware forum

Edited by coachwife6, 13 May 2005 - 09:06 AM.

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Also, run the Ad-aware in safemode. when things stick in regular mode, I revert to safemode and it works great. scanning is much faster, (obviously) and deleting is, well just about %100 guaranteed.

Also use Spybot, get the updates and run the scan

Good Luck!