Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LAN internet sharing on XP SP3

• Please log in to reply

offspark

offspark

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,
I have a dsl connection at my place. its like this,the dsl providers router(192.168.1.1) is connected to my wireless router(192.168.0.1) which is then connected to the different pcs in different rooms thorugh wifi cards.

right now im trying to connect my pc(which is connected to the network through my wifi card) to a laptop which i have connected to my pc using a cross cabe(lan cable) so i can use internet on the laptop without using a wifi..im having problems figuring out the settings,i can give any other details if you want.. a step by step guide would be great.
Thank you.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
This forum would probably be a lot more helpful. Read the top stickies, they provide tons of information on Local Area Networks.