Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

partition recovery solution

• Please log in to reply

ruslan1977

ruslan1977

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi
i have deleted old partition in hard disk and reinstall xp.i dont know how would you call it i think format hard disk or whatever.while i was formating i forgot to take my usb from my laptop so all the pictures has been missed.when i stick my usb to my laptop it says if i wanted to format my usb i didnt click anythings.
is it possible to recovery my picture from usb or from my partion wich i have deleted? if it not my girlfrind is going hang me by sunday of 14 june.help needed if u dont wana see me hanging.
ruslan

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Hello there! Welcome to Geeks to Go!

If you are talking about USB being a Flash Drive, then no, the data should not have been touched.
Once a partition is deleted, all data is gone.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Have you reformatted your hard disk or have you reformatted your USB flash stick?

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
PhotoRec or Testdisk are good choice for recovering data.
Can you explain exactly what you did?
Did you delete a partition on the usb drive, or delete a partition on your harddisk and reinstall Windows?

http://www.cgsecurit...g/wiki/TestDisk
http://www.cgsecurit...g/wiki/PhotoRec

ruslan1977

ruslan1977

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi
thanks everone who respond to my quiestion]
I reformed the hard disk by reinstalling xp pack 3 and also i have deleted the old partition also i defragment my disk. i have not format my usb.
By the way i recover some photos from my usb and hard drive not all of them.i took to one of my friend who knows about computer a bit he download a software and recover some pictures. He told that the programm cant recover more phtos because it was ovewriting.IM thiniking now how could it be overwritting, i just reinstall xp on it.
To be honest guys im in full of [bleep]. i dont know how to get out this f.. problem.
I have no ideas what to do. well everybody can make a mistake this realy a stupid mistake that the way i feel.
Is any hope guys?
ruslan

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
If you have data loss, even after using recovery programs, then that means the data is gone. Although, the data may be recoverable if you tried hard enough.

ruslan1977

ruslan1977

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
well i have done my best, i can do more then that

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I have successfully used ZAR Data recovery software on a both a flash drive and a camera memory stick. I also tried it on my hard drive (as a test of the software). On the hard drive, it recovered every picture that was on the drive. This means every little picture that is used in every program. Beware if it recovers what you want from the hard drive, you will get a lot of pictures.

The software is free and is stated for digital camera memory, but as I said, it worked on my hard drive.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
PhotoRec is also very good at recovering files from a formatted or deleted partition.
Here is a tutorial: http://www.cgsecurit...ec_Step_By_Step
Good luck! :)