Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP will not complete Login

• Please log in to reply

Lost in Colorado

Lost in Colorado

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Windows XP will not login. It starts to login in and jumps back to log in page. I read other posts and attempted to fix by rebooting with operating system CD. Computer will not read operating system CD and I cannot login in safemode. Any great ideas?

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Have you tried to boot from the Windows XP cd?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Computer will not read operating system CD and I cannot login in safemode. Any great ideas?

Did you go into BIOS\CMOS and change your Boot Sequence so that the CDROM was the first boot device?

Edited by rshaffer61, 14 June 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Lost in Colorado

Lost in Colorado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I tried to boot from CD and it would not. I did change the boot sequence and no luck. I even tried to get in through remote regedit but could see and not access the computer. I was going to use that to change user/registry information for login, as I saw in an earlier posting for a similar issue. Lost in colorado is also stuck in colorado!!! Argh.

Lost in Colorado

Lost in Colorado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Assuming CD reader is bad, is there a way to take the operating system CD and put on a thumb drive to boot off USB port? I copied everything over but that was not successful either.

Lost in Colorado

Lost in Colorado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Have you tried to boot from the Windows XP cd?

Yes, I did try that rather unsuccesfully.

Lost in Colorado

Lost in Colorado

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Did you go into BIOS\CMOS and change your Boot Sequence so theat the CDROM was the first boot device?
[/quote]

Yes, I did give that a shot as well, and no luck...