Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new computer custom build wont start past windows is loading screen

• Please log in to reply

vipermcloud

vipermcloud

• Pip
  • 3 posts
so i got this computer from a friend of mine, so far its just looks.
it runs 3 fans, one in the front, back, and side(with open slits for vent) has a 120 gig acer hard drive with an acer mother board. has a nvidia geforce 5200 video card from what i was told it was 3ghz processor but im treating it like a 2.6ghz for safety measures(physically/technically treat it lke 3 cuz thats what the chip says but say it was 2.6) and a 512 ddr ram card that for some reason during cash load(i think its called) it says it only has 256 ram. the power supply is 400 watts.

the comp gets to the loading screen and just loads forever so i cant get any internal information.

ask what questions you need from me so you guys can help me fix the problem. thx much new to this btw

viper

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Please read the following: set up Memtest, then download Memtest86+ from here.

Be sure to run it thorougly. How did this work? Please give feedback!

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 13 June 2009 - 01:33 AM.

vipermcloud

vipermcloud

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yea wont help that computer cuz i cant access anything. f7 f2 and f11 wont load up, safe mode unable to access as well as xp startup. gona reformat cuz thats the only thing i can do. nothing else will load

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Do that, then tell me the results. Ask questions if needed! :)