Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DI-524, setting up a password?

• Please log in to reply

lilluckyduck318

lilluckyduck318

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, I was just wondering if someone could help me set up a password on my wireless router which is DI-524. If anyone can help me with this, please do so :]. Thank you

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

Go here: http://www.fixya.com...l-14181/page-12

That is page 12 of an online manual for your router. It tells you how to access your router's configuration. From there you can click on wireless on the left hand side and set up your wireless options and security.

lilluckyduck318

lilluckyduck318

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Ah, I don't think that's helping very much. I just need to set up a password so no one else can get it and nothing is working.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Well, where is it you are having trouble?

Were you able to access the configuration page? When you clicked on wireless on the left hand side did you see options that included the type of security (WEP/WPA/WPA2) and fields labeled "key 1, key 2, etc." ?

To set a password you select a type of encryption, say WPA, and type in a password or "key" in one of the fields

Edited by NeonFx, 13 June 2009 - 10:52 AM.

lilluckyduck318

lilluckyduck318

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay, the security is disabled.. so which one would I click for it? When I clicked on WPA it came up like this...

PSK / EAP: PSK EAP ... (there are circles before both of them, so I have to pick one of them)

Passphrase: _______

Confirmed passphrase: _____

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Oh ok, yeah select PSK / EAP and the passphrase would be your password.

lilluckyduck318

lilluckyduck318

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Okay, so I clicked on PSK and then typed in a password and stuff and then I went onto my laptop to disconnect and then try to reconnect and see if it asked for a password but it said something about the settings not being the same on my computer.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Right, it was just noticing that the new settings are not the same as those you had before.

lilluckyduck318

lilluckyduck318

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Yeah, so what do I do so it does notice?

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Is your laptop not able to connect to the network? I think we have a misunderstanding. What was the error you got?

It is possible your laptop does not know how to deal with WPA encryption, older wireless cards can't. You might have to go back in and change the encryption type to WEP, an older, but more compatible encryption method.