Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Connection on and off

• Please log in to reply

magicman2009

magicman2009

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

I have a problem with the internet connection. During certain time 2pm to 7 pm I would lose my internet connection only if "living room computer" is turn on. If I don't turn on that computer I have no problem. Tried to us mcafee to scan it and spybot the scan it. They said it have no problem. Is there any other software I can use?

Also, my wife some someone in China that pong our IP address at the time too. Please advise.

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

This seems to be a malware related issue. Something in your computer is being used as a node by someone else on the internet or they are DoSing you for some reason.

Please follow this guide before posting a new topic in the malware removal forum.

If you use that living room desktop for security sensitive activities such as banking or accessing other accounts you might want to consider changing your passwords at those sites as soon as possible using a different computer.

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
I'm having this topic moved for you, please don't post a new topic in a different forum. Someone will get to it soon.

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
I have split the topic and the new topic is posted here in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal forum.