Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant seem to edit personal information

• Please log in to reply

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hey,

Just got back to the forum after an extended break. I need to edit my "Personal Portal Information" as my previous description has aged.

However when i click on the Save Settings button it takes me back to the main forum page and doest change it. Well not at my side anyhow...does my typed description say I'm 16 to you? If it does then its still not saved.

Ive tried doing a clean up but nothing seems to allow the change. Any thoughts?

Cheers :)

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Yes the typed description still says 16. There is a known issue where some accounts are unable to update the personal information (including an Admin's).

I do believe there is a forum software upgrade on the cards, hopefully this issue is one of the ones that are fixed. If you read around a bit you might find more info on it.

Cheers

rev_olie

rev_olie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Darn, ok then il hold up and see wahts happening. Thanks for leting me know :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Try this.

rev_olie

rev_olie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Oh wow thanks for that Sari worked wonders. Seems to have edited correctly, wish id found that post earlier :)

Thanks again :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You're welcome. :)