Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Referred]can you help me..........log file

• Please log in to reply

aquapolaqua

aquapolaqua

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, i have a problem with a virus called Trojan Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.c
can you please help me because i really dont know what to do............thanks

Attached Files

Advertisements

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Ad-aware SE build 1.05 is the most current version,

As you are not using the latest version, please could you chose a download site to download the latest version.
Download site list

Just make sure you uninstall any old version of Ad-Aware before installing SE. After installing SE, then update your definition file * SE1R44 10.05.2005 *.

Please then rescan your computer with the full system scan option
And post your results here.

All the best

Andy

Edited by Andy_veal, 11 May 2005 - 12:06 PM.

aquapolaqua

aquapolaqua

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
It is my new log file....

Attached Files

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Hello and Welcome

Ad-aware has found objects on your computer

Alexa, is the 'Related Links' feature of IE which appears as the 'Tools'/'Show Related Links' menu item (and a corresponding toolbar button if you added it from the 'Customize...' link on the toolbar). If you use that feature, IE will contact the Alexa servers, via MSN, to obtain information about other web pages which seem to be related, open an Explorer Bar, and display those (plus adverts and whatnot).

If you chose to clean your computer from what Ad-aware found please follow these instructions below…

Please make sure that you are using the * SE1R45 13.05.2005 * definition file.

Please launch Ad-Aware SE and click on the gear to access the Configuration Menu. Please make sure that this setting is applied.

Click on Tweak > Cleaning Engine > UNcheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".

Disconnect from the internet (for broadband/cable users, it is recommended that you disconnect the cable connection) and close all open browsers or other programs you have running.

Please then boot into Safe Mode

To clean your machine, it is highly recommended that you clean the following directory contents (but not the directory folder):

Please run CCleaner to assist in this process.
Download CCleaner (Setup: go to >options > settings > Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" for cleaning malware files!)

* C:\Windows\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ <- This will delete all your cached internet content including cookies.
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
* Empty your "Recycle Bin".

Please run Ad-Aware SE from the command lines shown in the instructions shown below.

Click "Start" > select "Run" > type the text shown in bold below (including the quotation marks and with the same spacing as shown)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
(For the Professional version)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
(For the Plus version)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke
(For the Personal version)

Click OK.

Please note that the path above is of the default installion location for Ad-aware SE, if this is different, please adjust it to the location that you have installed it to.

When the scan has completed, select Next. In the Scanning Results window, select the "Scan Summary" tab. Check the box next to each "target family" you wish to remove. Click next, Click OK.

If problems are caused by deleting a family, please leave it.

Please shutdown/restart your computer after removal, run a new full scan and post the results as a reply. Do not launch any programs or connect to the internet at this time.

Please then copy & paste the complete log file here. Don't quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete logfile. This can sometimes takes 2-3 posts to get it all posted, once the "Summary of this scan" information is shown, you have posted all of your logfile.

Please remember when posting another logfile keep "Search for negligible risk entries" deselected as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat. This option can be changed when choosing your scan type.

Please post back here

Good luck

Andy

aquapolaqua

aquapolaqua

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it is the second new log file........

Attached Files

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Hosts file scan result:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
42 entries scanned.
New critical objects:0

If your system is running a program which changes the hosts file or you have added listings to the hosts file then there is no need to check further. Otherwise, please download the "Host File Viewer" by Option^Explicit. It is a 65K program which will allow you to find/view/open/read/edit/restore to default settings your HOST file. Instructions are on the display screen of the program. Select the option to restore to default settings.
http://members.acces...sFileReader.zip

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Hello and Welcome

Ad-aware has found objects on your computer

If you chose to clean your computer from what Ad-aware found please follow these instructions below…

Please make sure that you are using the * SE1R45 13.05.2005 * definition file.

Please launch Ad-Aware SE and click on the gear to access the Configuration Menu. Please make sure that this setting is applied.

Click on Tweak > Cleaning Engine > UNcheck "Always try to unload modules before deletion".

Disconnect from the internet (for broadband/cable users, it is recommended that you disconnect the cable connection) and close all open browsers or other programs you have running.

Please then boot into Safe Mode

To clean your machine, it is highly recommended that you clean the following directory contents (but not the directory folder):

Please run CCleaner to assist in this process.
Download CCleaner (Setup: go to >options > settings > Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" for cleaning malware files!)

* C:\Windows\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ <- This will delete all your cached internet content including cookies.
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
* C:\Documents and Settings\<Any other users Profile>\Local Settings\Temp\
* Empty your "Recycle Bin".

Please run Ad-Aware SE from the command lines shown in the instructions shown below.

Click "Start" > select "Run" > type the text shown in bold below (including the quotation marks and with the same spacing as shown)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Professional\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
(For the Professional version)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Plus\Ad-Aware.exe" /full +procnuke
(For the Plus version)

"C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe" +procnuke
(For the Personal version)

Click OK.

Please note that the path above is of the default installion location for Ad-aware SE, if this is different, please adjust it to the location that you have installed it to.

When the scan has completed, select Next. In the Scanning Results window, select the "Scan Summary" tab. Check the box next to each "target family" you wish to remove. Click next, Click OK.

If problems are caused by deleting a family, please leave it.

Please shutdown/restart your computer after removal, run a new full scan and post the results as a reply. Do not launch any programs or connect to the internet at this time.

Please then copy & paste the complete log file here. Don't quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete logfile. This can sometimes takes 2-3 posts to get it all posted, once the "Summary of this scan" information is shown, you have posted all of your logfile.

Please remember when posting another logfile keep "Search for negligible risk entries" deselected as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat. This option can be changed when choosing your scan type.

Please post back here

Good luck

Andy

aquapolaqua

aquapolaqua

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have scaned for hosts and that is what i have got but i am not sure what i have to do with it........i also scanned my system using Ad-Aware and Trend Macro PC-cillin and no viruses were found, the problem is that every time i want to read emails or open a home page, even when it is set to about:blank it always goes back to www.quicknavigate.com and there is no way i can change it, what should i do, please help me with this problem, really appreciate, thank you

Attached Files

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Please follow the instructions located in Step Five: Posting a Hijack This Log. Post your HJT log as a reply to this thread, which has been relocated to the Malware Removal Forum for providing you with further assistance.

Kindly note that it is very busy in the Malware Removal Forum, so there may be a delay in receiving a reply. Please also note that HJT logfiles are reviewed on a first come/first served basis.