Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC shutsdown and doesnt boot back anymore

• Please log in to reply

conrad04

conrad04

• Pip
  • 2 posts
guys of GTG, i experinced a problem with my computer last night when i was burning a disc, suddenly it turns off then on again but when it starting an error msg " Insert boot media or select select bootmedia the press any key. i tried running xp recovery console from disc but system cannot read my HD. "invalid specified drive" i tried fresh install xp but there are no partions to delete,repair or even an unpartitioned space to create to. i also tried to reboot and enter to cmos settings, i checked if there is any hd detected. and there is. i wonder why my unit cannot read my hd but it is able to detect it. im using a samsung 160gb hd SATA. please help me..

Best regards,
Conrad

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD, and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

conrad04

conrad04

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tnx Broni,

Im currently downloading the DM for Samsung. will get back to you for updates. i hope this solves my problem. will surely appreciate your help.

Best regards,
Con_star