Do you have DivX or Nero installed on your computer? The fix you found on here - was that to download the ffdshow codecs? This
is the link you want, the download option is on the right. Here's some other useful fixes I found at another website:
- If you are using DivX, you should be upgraded to the very latest version.
- If you are using Nero, you can try upgrading to the latest version.
- If you've upgraded Nero and Divx and still have the problem, you can try renaming the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax to NeVideo.ax.bak. You may also need to rename NeVideoHD.ax to NeVideoHD.bak This will break Nero Showtime, however. (thanks to dugi in the comments for this one)
- Uninstalling Nero entirely sometimes works.
- Some users have recommended installing the Vista Codec Package in order to update all your codecs to the correct versions. I can’t confirm that this works because I have not tried it myself. As always, be careful when installing unknown components and create a restore point.
- You can use the very useful MMCompView free utility from Nirsoft to disable any codecs on the system. This is very useful to help troubleshoot exactly which component is causing the problem.
- There’s another possible solution below of turning off DEP for dllhost, which might not work for everybody. You may have to add divx+nero executables to the DEP ignore list.
Hope this helps,