Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Device Monitor Application error

• Please log in to reply

Nadrii

Nadrii

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble here with my computer. I've had the same error pop up on my computer after logging in for the past few weeks and never bothered to try and figure out what it was. This is very unlike me but I've decided to solve the issue. The error reads as follows:

Device Monitor Application has stopped working

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: lxddamon.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.2676.13196
Problem Signature 03: 4635dee9
Problem Signature 04: App4R.Monitor.Core
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.2676.13195
Problem Signature 06: 465d3fef
Problem Signature 07: b
Problem Signature 08: 114
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft....mp;clcid=0x0409

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research on my own upon which I could have probably delve in deeper but I haven't had the time.

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

lxddamon.exe is a program that monitors your printer, this is probably what is causing the error.

Go to Start > Run and type in msconfig then press OK

On the top you will see several tabs, click on "Startup". Under there you will see a list of programs that start with your computer. Go ahead and uncheck the box next to the line that has lxddamon.exe listed in it.

Then restart your computer. You get a dialog asking if you should keep these new settings. Place a checkmark in the box on the bottom left and then click on OK

Jason Ellison

Jason Ellison

• Pip
  • 1 posts
You made my night. This has been bothering me for months and I finally decided to figure it out. 2hrs later I find this post. Thank you. Was getting beyond annoying