Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

lcd tv as second monitor on xp laptop

• Please log in to reply

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Does display properties/settings give you an option to increase the resolution of the TV? 1024x768 is quite small/low for a 21'' monitor.

Advertisements

andymirasol

andymirasol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi Trippster, tried moving it right up to 1600x something and its still in the same position, its really strange no matter what the resolution is it stays in the same offset position ,thx

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
This is probably a long shot, but what is the 'Position" setting under Display Properties -> Desktop, set to?

andymirasol

andymirasol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hiya, hmm i dont think i can see a position setting? what does it say, i can only see a resolution setting

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Resolution setting is found in the "Settings" tab of Display Properties. While the 'Position' setting is found in the 'Desktop' tab of display properties.

Hope this helps.

andymirasol

andymirasol

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ah yes i have it set to stretch