Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unknown beeping problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello everyone sorry if I am doing this wrong but I am new and just learning the ropes around here. Anyway first up I have ran AVG virus software, Adware 6.0 Ashshampo etc etc and some registry cleaners and nothing seems to work. I have reinstalled XP twice and offloaded many files and the problem persists. Here it is, after I have been on the computer a while it beeps once or twice opens or closes folders or files goes back to desktop or when I am in word places \\gh or 0 down a few times over in my word document. If I am on the internet my address bar changes and file address get placed down or menues open. Basically it is like a sprit haunting the machine. If I leave it alone for a while say 30-60 sec it just vanishes and leaves me alone again sometimes for a few hours or sometimes again and again for a few minuites but it just goes. Its like pot luck on how long I get. Through investergation I though I had the Netsky worm but nothing picks this up. I ran a Netsky removal program from a disk called W32 Netsky but it told me I didnt have the worm. The computer I am using is 10 years old but in great condition running XP professional 256meg memory with only 6G hard drive used. I am prepared to admit that the hard drive may be failing but I only find about 16K bad sectors on blue screen of death and defrag goes well. I am using Zone Alarm just after the problems began...yea I know should have done it sooner..but. All cleaning programs and utilities are up to date, the latest ones so to speak. As I said this forum is new and I am trying to find my way around with so many links. I sometimes dont understand about other peoples threads etc or how to work with others problems..anyway take care and thanks Peter