Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with doing full clean XP Pro SP3 Setup =(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IcyShards

IcyShards

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, fellow citizens of Earth. I need your help.... im trying to install XP Pro SP3 Vista VG that i have burned on a CDR. I was so happy when i burned it because i thought that it would be easy just putting the disk in and setting up the version.. but its not as easy as i thought. I've been ready Internet sites about how to do clean full installs, in vain.. It would be so much easier if i had technicians look at my computer and all i have left is you guys.

I need to know how i should set up my BIOS settings in order to make the CD work when i press any key to boot CD. The current boot sequency is the following:

1st Boot Device= IDE-0: WDC WD1600JB-22GVA0
2nd Boot Device= IDE-1: WDC WD1200JB-00GVA0
3rd Boot Device= CD-DVD: HL-GDT-ST DVDRAM SA 4165B

I always press the p button for PXE whenever they ask em to Shift-Tab.

PLEASE I IMPLORE YOU TO GIVE ME GUIDANCE TECH GODS! :) :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
What is this "XP Pro SP3 Vista VG that [you] have burned on a CDR" of which you speak please? Where did you get that from?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
Neil,

A google search gives us the following. XP Pr SP3 Vista VG.

I suspect that since torrent is mentioned and "no CD key needed", and ghost image, etc that this is an illegal copy and that we should not be helping.

I will leave this up to you.

Thanks
123runner

IcyShards

IcyShards

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Neil,

A google search gives us the following. XP Pr SP3 Vista VG.

I suspect that since torrent is mentioned and "no CD key needed", and ghost image, etc that this is an illegal copy and that we should not be helping.

I will leave this up to you.

Thanks
123runner

But even if i had a legal copy, i would still not know exactly how to set up my setting in order to boot my cd up. This is my first time setting up a Windows installation by myself anyways, im not a hacking jerk or someone who is taking advantage of other people =S. If you dont want to help me its okay, i understand your values. If only everyone could read each others minds...

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts
This might be illegal as per Geeks to go terms of use. I am waiting on confirmation of that.
If it is not an issue, then there will be absolutely no problem in helping you furthur. Please be patient
for a ruling on the matter.

IcyShards

IcyShards

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This might be illegal as per Geeks to go terms of use. I am waiting on confirmation of that.
If it is not an issue, then there will be absolutely no problem in helping you furthur. Please be patient
for a ruling on the matter.

Thanks for understanding =)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
But even if i had a legal copy

This is your statement icyshards and therefor:

We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

This thread has been reported to the Moderating Staff and should be closed shortly. Do not respond to this thread until given further notice.