Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First time trying to do a full clean Windows setup (need your help =D)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

IcyShards

IcyShards

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey people, i surprisingly found a legal copy of Windows XP SP2 and i just started right away trying to set up because of excitement until...Im trying to figure out which BIOS settings i need to set to make booting CD start because when i press any key to start it just starts up my computer :) as it usually does without starting a setup. *I press (p) PEX whenever the screen shows SHIFT-TAB. My current boot sequency is the following-1st Boot Device= IDE-0: WDC WD1600JB-22GVA0, 2nd Boot Device= IDE-1: WDC WD1200JB-00GVA0 and 3rd Boot Device= CD-DVD: HL-GDT-ST DVDRAM SA 4165B. Your aid would be something so great for me that i would wish you have a happy life =) :)

Edited by IcyShards, 15 June 2009 - 02:53 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is still related to your original post HERE

Edited by rshaffer61, 15 June 2009 - 03:01 PM.

IcyShards

IcyShards

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This is still related to your original posts HERE

No because i found a legal Windows Setup box somewhere in my desk office and i now i can follow the Terms of USe =)

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts

This is still related to your original posts HERE

No because i found a legal Windows Setup box somewhere in my desk office and i now i can follow the Terms of USe =)

Not Necessary, as the purpose still the same. We cant help you circumvent Microsoft End User Agreement.