Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Neither Firefox or IE will log on

• Please log in to reply

tnpuddleduck

tnpuddleduck

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am having trouble getting either firefox or IE to log on to ANY website. If I try them multiple times they will finally log on to my homepage, but then I get an error message like this: File Not Found

Firefox can't find the file at jar:file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/chrome/en-US.jar!/locale/browser-region/region.propertieswww.geekstogo.com.

* Could the item have been renamed, removed, or relocated?
* Is there a spelling, capitalization, or other typographical error in the address?
* Do you have sufficient access permissions to the requested item?

I have no connection problem and everything is spelled correctly. I am running Vista. This just started about a week ago. I finally got to this website after an hour trying to log on. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Try the Safe Mode version of Firefox. Click Start, point to All Programs and choose Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). Also try IE without Addons.