Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen error while Installing Windoes Xp over Preinstalled Vista

• Please log in to reply

viv241

viv241

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hay
i have a Compaq CQ60 205EE notebook. it had preinstalled Vista. i have managed to erase the hard disc using Kill Disk.
but now when i boot my Notebook to install Windows XP. while installation it stopped & asked me to check hard disk. newely installed hardware & then restart the PC again. after multiple attempts i am still not able to install Windows XP.it throws an error as.
Techinal Inform,ation.
***STOP : 0*0000007B (0*F78D2524.0*C0000034.0*000000000.0*000000000

Please help.

Advertisements

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
During the first phase of the Windows XP installation, Setup displays the following message at the bottom of the screen:

Press F6 if you have to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver.

You need to press F6 at setup when you see that message and use the OEM disc to install the driver for the device. Otherwise you get the error message: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

:)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Your hard drive is a SATA drive. To add to what DragonMaster Jay is saying, XP will not recognise the hard drive because there are no drivers for it. That is an XP issue. When you hit the F6 key, the software will be looking for the drivers on a floppy (another XP issue) because floppy drives do not come in computers any more.

You will have to slipstream the drivers into your XP install disk.

Read up on the process at Nlite tutorial at Winaddons.com

viv241

viv241

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Thanks for reply.
can u get me a link from where i can download drivers & hot fixes for my notebook ?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
For you to go back to XP is going to be very tough to do, if not impossible. New computers are built for Vista and therefore drivers are not made for XP for those units. Sometimes they can be found. The manufacturers just don't write them.

A starting point is HERE, but if you continue to XP, you will not get much. Vista has alot of downloads.

I can't do the search till later, but I will try when I get a chance.

Jim Walles

Jim Walles

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was given a Toshiba Satellite L355-S7902 Model #: PSLD8U-06C01E. the original OS was Vista. The Previous owner took this unit to a PC Shop and had a NEW Hard Drive installed and then had XP installed on the NEW HD. It worked fine for almost a year and now it is in my possession. Now I am getting the BSoD on XP with a different Stop Code each time the BSoD pops up. I have an OEM XP Disc, yet I cant get past the BSoD to repair or reinstall XP. I reboot using F8 and I have tried every option available on that screen and it always comes back to the BSoD. I reboot using F12 to change the boot order. XP wants to start then I get a Black Screen with a BEEP Alarm. I cannot access the Command Prompt or the OEM XP Disc. I am missing something here and I'm not sure what it is. Can someone please give me some input. Thank You...Jim