Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Controllers

• Please log in to reply

jagape

jagape

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I was told to disable my USB Controller drivers and like an idiot :) I uninstalled them. When I rebooted they do not come reinstall. How can I reinstall the USB controller drivers? :)

Advertisements

jagape

jagape

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
None of them. Luckily I plugged in my old keyboard so that it wasn't USB (don't have an old moose). Try the reboot but no luck. Should I remove all devices (leaving my ports empty) before I reboot?

jagape

jagape

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I'm at work. I did that last night though, they are enabled. I was reading a blog and it was mentioned that you should remove all devices before uninstalling (which I didn't do, it's bad enough I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing in the first place), so I thought maybe they should be removed before rebooting. I'll try that when I get home.

Do you have any Idea why my Ipod Shuffel and Pioneer GEX-MP3 Xm radio aren't seen by my puters? They show up as "Other Device - Ipod/GEX-MP3" in the device manager. They don't show up in Itunes(Ipod) or Media Player(GEX)or Explorer either. That's why I tried Disabling(uninstalling :) )my USB Controllers.

jagape

jagape

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
All three of my puters...Gateway, Gateway Laptop and Custom Built...

jagape

jagape

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Followed all of apples instructions from their website...
I just need to get the puter goin so I can get the music off it.