Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AD AWARE log

• Please log in to reply

TTAC

TTAC

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
here is the log from my ad aware. I'm trying to follow the steps to get some help for my large malware problem. Thanks for your help.

Logfile removed:Incorrect Logfile type posted

Edited by Andy_veal, 11 May 2005 - 04:32 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
In order to assist you, we need to see the log from an Ad-Aware SE 1.05 full system scan.

Important Note! Before performing a scan, be sure that you have the most recent definitions file by using WebUpdate. (Click on the Globe icon, Click connect, Click OK, Click Finish.) At this current point * SE1R44 10.05.2005 * is the most recent definition file.

Ad-Aware SE comes preconfigured with default options so we need you to make only one change. Please deselect "Search for negligible risk entries" as negligible risk entries (MRU's) are not considered to be a threat. This option can be changed when choosing your scan type.

Select "Perform Full System Scan" and press "Next". When the scan has completed, click "Show Logfile".

Please copy/paste the complete log file here using the reply button. Don't quarantine or remove anything at this time, just post a complete logfile. This sometimes takes 2-3 posts to get it all posted. You will know you are at the end when you see the "Summary of this scan" information has been posted.

When you have posted your log here, Team Lavasoft can advise on what to do next.

Please post back if you have any questions or other problems.

Good luck

Andy