Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ERROR-"CANNOT EMPTY THE CLIPBOARD"

• Please log in to reply

syed masood

syed masood

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hey people,

I am using MS-Excel'03 and when i am copying the data and pasting it. i am gettina an error frequently stating "CANNOT EMPTY THE CLIPBOARD". i did empty the clipboard but still i get the same error and after that i am able to copy the data form nowhere(notepad, word, powerpoint,etc) not even in the browser. i did restart my system but after it is restart it will work for few mins and then again the samee error occurs. i delete my temp files, prefetch items but it never works.

Is it the problem with the application or the system configuration? :)

what can be done to resolve this? :)

Regards,
Syed.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
This solution might work.. I'm not too familiar with Excel though.. :)

Switch off the clipboard show option.
To do this, display the Clipboard menu (select Office Clipboard from Edit Menu). And in the selection button "Options" at the bottom of the screen, select this particular option:
"Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard"

Hope this helps!

-Jason

Edited by OpenOutcome, 16 June 2009 - 05:08 PM.

syed masood

syed masood

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hey jason,

That options is already shecked and even i tried unchecking the option. it's still not wrkng......

peterPCS

peterPCS

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Try this. Found it somewhere in Google, but it worked for me.

In excel go to Tools, Options, Edit and uncheck the 'show paste options button'

Peter

hanseric

hanseric

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm having this same issue on my HP G62 notebook (Win 7, 64 Bit). Excel is copying and pasting fine but apparently doesn't think that it is because I get the exact same error.