Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

code31

• Please log in to reply

Mrs Dee

Mrs Dee

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

I cannot open any browsers with internet explorer I have been into the Device Manager and have error message by each adapter 'this device is not working properly because windows cannot load drivers required for this device'code 31. I have click to update drivers and message is that they are all updated. I need help bear in mind I cannot access the internet because of this problem to down load any help or repair, I originally uninstalled Norton 360 to put a new anti Virus etc in and thats when the problem started because i could'nt activate the software of the new anti virus because of not accessing internet i have uininstalled the new software.I spoke to some one about this and they sent me link to uninstall properly Norton but i can't click link because I can't access internet. what can I do?
the adapters are Microsoft ISPTAP #10.11.12.13.14.15.16.17.18.19.2.20.21.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. would putting the rebootable CD for taking back to factory settings help if so will that take out downloaded software like i tunes etc.

would be so gratefull for any help

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hey Mrs. Dee,

Returning your computer to factory settings would save a lot of trouble.. but yes it will delete all software downloaded, like Itunes. If you still want to go through with that, you can backup all of your data onto a writable CD, or flash drive, and put it back on after the fresh install.

We have a Norton Antivirus removal tool in our download section also. HERE

Since you have no internet, you could also download that tool onto whichever computer you are on now, and put it on a flash drive or cd, and then run it on your computer.

No sign of Norton antivirus in the Add/Remove Programs option in Control Panel? This could be malware related also.. If you believe so, move to the Malware Forum making sure you read THIS before you post. You will have to use something to transfer required malware removal tools to the computer (since you have no internet) of course.

Hope I could be of some help,
-Jason

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
I think Jason's on the ball here in regards to Norton. You need to get your hands on the Norton Removal Tool; an alternative to Jason's steps would be to restart your machine in Safe Mode with Networking, download the tool, return your machine to a normal startup and then run the tool to remove Norton.

Step 1 - Restart your machine in Safe Mode with Networking:
Restart the problematic machine in Safe Mode with Networking and then download the Norton Removal Tool; once it is downloaded, restart your machine and then run the tool.
*Note: You will not be able to use a wireless connection while in Safe Mode; please ensure all tests are performed with a wired (Ethernet) connection.

Norton often destroys connections upon removal, even though it may no longer be listed in your Add/Remove programs, there are usually still registry keys and the driver associated with it. Safe mode should stop the driver from being loaded.

- Dan

Mrs Dee

Mrs Dee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Jason & Dan

Thanks for Info I will have a go and see what happens and let you both know.

Kid Regards

Mrs Dee

Mrs Dee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Jason

I have downloaded and burned CD from this computer and put CD in Laptop and got error message F:\Norton_removal_tool is not a valid Win32 application. What do i do apart from chucking laptop out the window.

Dee