Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtumonde STILL THERE!

• Please log in to reply

shanesgurl

shanesgurl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK someone PLEASE HELP ME. I don't know what to do.
First I find out that I have 2 seekapp in my computer. Then I find 8 more. I downloaded installed and ran the program I was directed to use from this site ( which took over 24 hours!) didn't work, Cuz it says I have to buy something. And lets face it if I could "buy" something I wouldn't be going through the headache of trying to fix it myself. Anyway... My computer would restart itself like every 30sec. to 10min. unless I had avg or some kind of anti spyware or something going. Now my father in law kind of dabbles with computers sometimes gets paid to do it. He could not get rid of the virus. So he told me He quarantined the viruses and EVERYTHING. Then reformatted and reinstalled a new windows programming thing (pardon me but i have no idea) He installed windows xp pro, I had windows xp home. Ok so now, I have all my old files, programs drivers, viruses , whatever, EVERYTHING is still there. AND on top of that I have the new windows and all my new files too. So it is no surprise that I have a balloon popping up telling me I have 0MB Free Space on D: drive right?
Now here is my question: HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL THE OLD PROGRAMMING AND VIRUSES? AND HOW DO I GET RID OF THE VIRUSES PERIOD?
Also I tried to download the plugin for live chat considering this is quite a predicament I am in, but it wouldn't let me... And this Virus has been on here for god only knows how long, but at least 7 mo.(thought seekapp looked suspicious, now I know why)

Edited by shanesgurl, 16 June 2009 - 10:04 PM.

Advertisements

skate_punk_21

skate_punk_21

Malware Removal Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 1,049 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.