Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unable to connect 2nd pc to wireless router

• Please log in to reply

bjr1000

bjr1000

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi all,
Hope some one can help with a wireless connection fault.
I have an Orange wireless livebox package that works fine with my main pc and second phone line[included in the package].
I have a problem connecting a 2nd pc to the system.
I am getting a strong signal telling me the livebox is in range and the pc is ''wireless zero configured''.
The livebox cd did not install properly --- it was ok up to the very last ''connection'' step.
I have checked the wireless adapter and the ''device'' is working.
I cannot check with an ethernet cable as the 2nd pc has no ethernet socket.
Thanks.

Advertisements

NeonFx

NeonFx

Malware Removal Dude

• Expert
  • 3,798 posts
Hi there :)

If the livebox CD did not install properly the only thing I can suggest you do is contact Orange at http://help.orange.c...rvice/index.jsp

They should provide free service for this kind of problem and you will get much better support from someone who knows more about how that router and software work than us.

At first glance though, make sure that your second computer is working on the same type of wireless as the other computer and the router whether it be 802.11b or 802.11g

bjr1000

bjr1000

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Thanks, I've contacted Orange and am waiting for a reply.