Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows/system32/config/system file missing or corrupt

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: LSEanctuary

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
This is the second topic you have bumped on the same issue. Please do not do this for the reasons stated above.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Advertisements

KLai

KLai

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey all, I have this problem right now, and my Windows CD will not boot from my CD Rom. I have went into bios to change the settings but it still does not work, can anyone find a solution to make my cd rom work?

mcku49

mcku49

• Pip
  • 2 posts
3. After you have selected the appropriate option from step two, you will be prompted to select a valid Windows installation (typically number “1″).
Select the installation number, and hit Enter.

This is never prompted to me after pressing 'r'. It just takes me directly to the Microsoft Windows XP Recovery Console, and the only place I can type text is 'C:\>'. Am i doing something wrong?

KLai

KLai

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have solved my problem, so my problem was that my cd rom drive didnt work. But what everyone said, use the windows cd to recover will remove that error.

mcku49

mcku49

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have solved my problem, so my problem was that my cd rom drive didnt work. But what everyone said, use the windows cd to recover will remove that error.

Like this thread contains, i do not have the windows cd. I had to make one via the steps provided.

bhstill

bhstill

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I received the error that the windows system 32 was corrupt or missing - I put my cd in and followed these steps or tried to - I keep getting an error msg. that the commands do not exist although when I type help the commands attrib etc. are on the list - 

I have done this several times to the same end - aaaaaaah

bhstill

bhstill

• Pip
  • 3 posts

to clarify the commands that say no matching files are when I get to DEL BOOT.INI

UP TO THAT point it seems to be ok - 

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Direct to: bhstill

Please start your own topic, describing the issues and steps taken already to resolve them.
Each case is individual because of different software/hardware specs, also helping more than 1 people in each thread makes users confused.

Thank you for your cooperation.