Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Packed.Rolex AND Win32/Cryptor?

• Please log in to reply

HOLLYWEIRD

HOLLYWEIRD

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so first off, I'm new here!
I'm not very good with computers, as you can tell, and I've been trying to look up solutions on the internet but to be honest they all confuse me.
So thats why I am here.

I've been noticing something odd with my internet, like when I would click on a link or something on a page it would direct to some random website? Then I tried scanning my computer with Norton(the subscription thats almost done, and is complete crap) and it would say it's scanning but no items would be scanned? Like it would say 0 of 0 scanned and keep loading for like 4 hours. So I looked that up online and I read somewhere to get AVG. So I downloaded the free version of AVG and i started a scan, then those two popped up (packed.rolex and win32/cryptor). I have NO clue what they are and I'm super scared and would like to get rid of them right away.

Any help A.S.A.P would be appreciated.

thank you! <3

EDIT: Now avg is getting notices that I also have something called: Trojan horse Rootkit-Agent.DZ! and I haven't even done anything!

Edited by HOLLYWEIRD, 17 June 2009 - 03:46 PM.

Advertisements