Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Unable to connect to ea servers, end of my tether

• Please log in to reply

icikle

icikle

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Hello I am trying to connect to ea servers for the PS3 and not having any luck. It may be worth pointing out early on that I have no problems playing any other games on the PS3, nor do I have any problems connecting to the ea servers for the XBOX 360. But I hear the PS3 requires more ports to be opened. The problem is simply localized to the ea servers for fifa 09.

What I have tried so far:

- Forwarded all ports required by the fifa manual to a static ip address assigned to my ps3
- Setup my ps3 into DMZ on my home network
-Contacted ea who did tracert and found no problems, nor are their servers down
- Contacted my ISP who say as long as my broadband is functioning its not their problem

for some reason i just find it very difficult to sign into ea servers, or stay signed in when it does manage to get in the 1 time out of ten. Im at the end of my rope. I will attach the tracert.

Attached Files

Edited by icikle, 17 June 2009 - 04:17 PM.

Advertisements