Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vundo virus

• Please log in to reply

hayes5150

hayes5150

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have downloaded the Vundofix file scanned my file and came up with nothing. So I started it in safe mode
which then found it but couldnt delete it said it needed to reboot try to do a reboot in safe mode but the program wouldnt start automatically in safe mode so everything else started up with it

So I started it up again in safe mode ran the program it found the file again but still couldnt delete it and needed to reboot so I started it up again in normal mode. Vundofix then started up before everything and started to scan once it got to the file that is infected there is a long pause...remember this is in normal mode....and then it would just continue on and finish saying there is no vundo. But there is! Mcaffe picks it up but cant delete it same with spybot and adaware Hijackthis was no help for me. Please someone out has to know what to do this is my mother in laws computer she had left it out in the rain once and I was able to bring it back from that why I cant get rid of this is beyond me. Thank you!!!

Advertisements