Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

desktop/startup screen not loading only screen saver

• Please log in to reply

jonathanandmarie

jonathanandmarie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) yesterday my computer was working fine then all of a sudden it starts to wig out. i didn't have the time to play with the computer so i turned it off. today i turn the computer on and and after it loaded all i get is the screen saver no windows startup bar u know the one with the time and what not, no desktop icons, nothing just screen saver. i can bring up task manger and by selecting file-new task-browse i can open programs and they work fine, i tried starting it up on safe mode but all i get is a black screen. i tried last know good configuration and that didn't work, since my windows start up bottom is not there i don't know how restore from the last time it was running fine. any ideas please anything thanks :)

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Try opening the Task Manager again, and starting new task:

explorer.exe

jonathanandmarie

jonathanandmarie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok so i opened new task and typed explorer.exe but nothing happens any other suggestions. thanks