Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Toshiba Tecra m5 laptop blue screen

• Please log in to reply

Miroku2192

Miroku2192

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi, i was writing up a data chart in microsoft word when all of a sudden my laptop froze. So i restarted my laptop (Toshiba Tecra M5). However, i got the Blue Screen: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down...blah blah

Technical infofmation:

*** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF790E524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

That's the message no matter what way i start the laptop (safe mode, safe mode with cmd prmpt, last known config, etc). It all brings me to this blue screen. When i hit normal boot, the "Windows XP loading bar thing appears, BUT the loading doesn't happen, it freezes for a second and brings me to the blue screen.

Is there any way i can fix this? I really need the files on my laptop. I've been doing a project for my intern, and i can't access the files now >.<!!

The problem is, i don't have any system restore discs, and I'm in Hong Kong right now doing an intern, so i really don't have access to anything at all.

Please tell me if there is anything i can do right now,
THanks,
Miroku2192

Advertisements

Miroku2192

Miroku2192

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
here's the whole message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed harddrives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is peroperly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF790E524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Click on Recovery Console Instructions in my sig, and follow the directions to burn a CD. Then click on Repair Common Windows Startup Problems in my sig, and follow the steps with the CD you burnt.

What happened before the problem as in:
Software or drivers installed?