Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Static Sound

• Please log in to reply

skkanani

skkanani

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I dunno whats going on. I think it might be something that i hit and it got knocked out in the comp. I dont know that much about comps but i have an VIA AC'97 soundcard? Well at least thats the driver i had with the comp. I disabled it and the sound still comes out. Sometimes i think it follows the comps noises, like when its working it makes more of a clicking sound and stuff lol. Its weird. But with the driver enabled, i cant listen to much of anything. When i put the volume down i can hear my music but its still in the background of the static noise. Can anyone help me? If u need more information just lemme know. Sorry, im a computer retarded (lol).

Advertisements

skkanani

skkanani

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can no one helpp meee?

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
could you tell me the make/model of your comp please. also, check the speakers with another source if you can. are the speakers plugged into the green jack on the PC?
that via AC97 is an onboard sound card. you said you knocked the pc around, like did it get dropped? I may want you to look inside the PC, if your comfortable doing that. not yet! give me some info first, and we'll go from there.