Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound has gone

• Please log in to reply

mamamia

mamamia

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was listening to music on youtube, i use headphones, the volume was on full but it wasn't loud. I wondered if the headphone prong? had come out of the pc a little, so i pushed it in and now all sound has gone.
I don't know how to explain this well because i'm not good with computers. A panel at the back of my pc has orange, black, green and blue holes, the headphones go in the green hole. Anyway, this panel has the little screw missing, so when u push it into the hole it moves back a little. i have known about this missing screw for ages and it hasn't been a problem, the panel still holds in place.
I pushed the prong in a second time and the panel detached completely so i unscewed the side of the pc to slide it in place but still no sound.

Any advice appreciated.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there, are you able to take a picture of it for me? I'd like to see it.

Cheers