Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Muti-Problems on laptop D600

• Please log in to reply

angel_hd13

angel_hd13

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello
Thank you all up front for your help and this great site!

1.Im getting a Group Policy error in admin tools that comes up with this.
Group policy could not be determined error return when trying to retreive settings from local security policy database %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb paramenters are incorrect settings will be overridden by domain level policies.

2.when windows starts up at login I get this Windows\system32\wlntifty.dll... logon along with Windows\system32\wga logon.dll...

Please help me correct the problem or problems Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by Essexboy, 20 June 2009 - 08:52 AM.
HJT log removed

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this... run sfc /scannow...
if you don't have a xp cd you will have to borrow one from a friend or coworker...
it has to be the same flavor of xp you have installed...IE: if you have xp pro...the one you borrow has to be xp pro

How to use Scannow sfc...

Perhaps you get a dialog box appear informing you of a problem with a .dll file, or your program will just not load....lets check to see if there are any corrupt system files using scannow sfc.

To do this click on start...run...then type in...sfc /scannow

NOTE..the single space between sfc and /

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem....
the how to is here

angel_hd13

angel_hd13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok I did all that and still have same problems ? with a few new ones.
Cant install any windows updates and window installer screen shows up after login jumps aroundand then go's away?

my new hijackthis list follows.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

when windows starts up at login I get this Windows\system32\wlntifty.dll... logon along with Windows\system32\wga logon.dll...

Post a whole, exact message. Double check spelling.
wlntifty.dll - not a legit file
wlnotify.dll - legit file

angel_hd13

angel_hd13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This is what I get while doing a pagefile defrag.

Message is as follows:
I get this message Cant find profile directoy while defaragmentation of pagefiles.

I also get this message below after I do the folowing Im login as admin. of the computer.
click on start
control panel
administrative tools
local security policy

Local security opens up and says:

The group policy security policy setting that apply to this machine could not be determined.
The errpr returned when trying to retreive these settings from the nlocal security policy gatabase (%Windr%Security\database\Secedit.sdb)
was:The praramenters incorrct.

All local security settings will be displayed,but no indacation will be given as to wheater or not a given security setting is defined by group ploicy any local security setting modified through this user interface subsequenty be overriden by domain-level policies.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by angel_hd13, 22 June 2009 - 01:38 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What about this:

2.when windows starts up at login I get this Windows\system32\wlntifty.dll... logon along with Windows\system32\wga logon.dll...

What program do you use to defrag pagefile?

angel_hd13

angel_hd13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for fast reply this has been driven me nuts.

I use system suite 9 peofessional software made by Avanquest.

Again Thanks!

Edited by angel_hd13, 22 June 2009 - 04:33 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Still...

What about this:

angel_hd13

angel_hd13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok I boot computer up and login as windows logs me in it says Windows\system32\wlntifty.dll... then its says Windows\system32\wga and now a new one ATievxx then windows start up sound then opens window and I can use the pc.

Edited by angel_hd13, 22 June 2009 - 04:57 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
OK, if it mentions wlntifty.dll, and you're sure about spelling...

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).