Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant connect to my sky broadband

• Please log in to reply

wikchick71

wikchick71

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Someone please help me.
I have a toshiba satelite L100 and can connect to the internet using my three mobile modem but cannot connect to my ethernet sky broadband.
The sky works on my daughters laptop which is exactly the same as mine. I have recently used the toshiba recovery disc. Sky tech told me i need to reinstall my network interface card but how do i do this?
Can I download something to help?
Please I am desperate to run this from broadband as the mobile modem is not reliable
Thanks
Julie

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Sky technical support are useless, ignore everything they say and there is nothing wrong with your network card. Are you connecting wirelessly or are you running a cable to the router from your laptop?

If you have used the recovery disk then you probably have on the computer now some form of internet software, probably McAfee or Norton. Remove it and it will probably solve the entire problem.