Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation prob.

• Please log in to reply

H00k

H00k

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
hi..i installed xp pirate edition....n the ethernet controller is nt working, the vga etc.... so i've been trying to use my xp sp3bback on it.... and my cd room is nt working anymore. when ever i wanna boot from cd, it ill just go blind........

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Let me clarify - you installed a pirated version, and now you're trying to install a legitimate version? Or you're trying to use an existing verion of XP SP3 from another computer?

H00k

H00k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
My desktop came with Win XP. And I change to Vista...But the Image are too big and the restoration is low... which i can't change it.... So I clean off the Vista and put Win XP Dark Pirate Edition. And after installation, my restoration change to 4bit... my Ethernet not compactable, VGA. So i tried to make a fresh installation back to my old XP and the pc can't read from my disc anymore.......or boot from cd.