Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell d600 ram/hard drive?

• Please log in to reply

infected????

infected????

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
i have a dell latitude d600 and i want to upgrade the ram and harddrive so i went to dell.com.au they dont have the laptop listed i ran a crucial .com scan and it ses i have pc2700 how can i upgrade
or is it not worth it

im in australia so anyone have some solutions for me

Advertisements

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Ok so I did some research, the max memory you can upgrade to would be 2GB of DDR333 RAM (2 x 1GB).

I recommend this Kingston RAM if you have the money and you can get it somewhere in Australia, I'm really not familiar with retailers in Australia.

As for the hard drive I'm really not familiar with upgrading hard drives so hopefully someone else can jump in.

-mp

infected????

infected????

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
thanks ill chek it out

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The best way to upgrade the hard drive is to use a program that will ghost an image of the 1 drive to another hard drive (or CD). I prefer ghost 9, but there are free ones out there. I generally ghost it to a drive that is in a USB enclosure. The 1 in the enclosure would be your new drive.

An image is an exact duplicate of the drive including all drivers. You would then "restore" the image.
You can also clone the old drive to the new drive. For what you want, this is prefered. Again there are many programs that allow you to do this.

I do not have time to get you links, but a google search would get you what you want. Or hang out and someone else will be along and suggest some.