Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

partition and dual booting

• Please log in to reply

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
Hi hey there everybody first of all I wanna say thanks to everybody who has helped me in this forum with problems I just had no idea how to deal with so thanks but heres my problem I am a windows lover meaning I have a copy of every version of windows since 3.1 and all but my favorite was definitely XP and I am running it as a virtual machine but my default operating system is Windows Vista Ultimate and I want to dual boot both I know what you have to do to do it but I still want a step by step guide on how to do it I know you need to create a partition and install the OS on the partition and go to boot options choose that drive and blah blah blah what I am saying is that I have no idea as to how to make a partition and how to install a OS on it BTW My XP installation disc is a image or ISO I did buy this it is legitimate but its a ISO and how could I install this with a ISO on the partition

Advertisements

smajer

smajer

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

Here is a guide on how to dual boot xp and vista with Vista already installed, as you seem to have.
http://apcmag.com/ho...ystep_guide.htm
This is nice guide with screen shots.
Also, I'm not sure if you can buy a .iso of a OS, but what ever you say.
You will also need to burn your .iso to a cdr or on a flash drive and boot from it. You could go witha network install (PXE) but that maybe be to complicated for you, check google if interested.
Good luck.

ajrichwalder

ajrichwalder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
thanks guide did help alot actually and yea thats what I did burn it and actually buying a .iso os was available through microsoft a few years ago when I bought it